Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Today, someone walked out

Today, I had my very first crying episode, and it came from left field. I was sitting here working, as I do everyday, and I noticed our Korean neighbor walk out of his house. I knew he was moving out today and leaving for good, but I said my goodbye yesterday. Anyway, as I watched him turn around and lock the door, it really hit me. All of the wonderful people we let into our life, and then one day they often turn around, shut the door, and they are gone. We allow them to enter, get to know them and their family, and then the next day, they are gone. I feel like I sound so corny when I talk about it, but it really hit me what the next month and a half is going to hold for us. Cy (our neighbor) was a wonderful man, and Glenn and I truly enjoyed learning about his culture and his food (he's an amazing cook), and he's also retired at the age of 42! SO JEALOUS! I'm just thankful that I live in a place where diversity is no stranger. Truly, I live in the United Nations :)

But when I went to say one final goodbye, I came home and cried. I just cried and cried. I cried for our friend that has now left to go back to Korea (he was here only for 14 months to experience the American culture) and I felt a heavy heart that we will have to say goodbye to our family and friends for 3 years. I am TERRIBLY EXCITED about the new adventure that awaits us, but feel sadness all at the same time.

Okay, time to log off because you are probably saying...wow, she is losing it :) Just wait...i'm sure the next month and a half will bring more corny stories of me crying like a little bitty baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment