Monday, August 2, 2010

Chicago Weekend












Immediately following the return home from Disney, I had to hop on a plane and travel to Chicago for work (oh and a little play as well). The trip to Chicago was to be my last "working trip in the office" and to also leave Trinity with my in-laws. All month I had been quite stressed about the trip, as I was nervous about flying with Trinity. When we moved here, we flew her cargo. For this trip, I wanted to fly with her in the cabin. I bought an American Airlines specific carrier, and it was a breeze. We flew thru security with no problem and she did great in flight! She only cried while going up, and then when we hit turbulance coming down. But I was so proud of her!

Work was good for the week...I always enjoy a trip in to see my fellow coworkers and get the office feel. Working from home is wonderful, but I do miss my office buds. Lots of lunches and laughs.

On Friday, my good friend Beth flew in for us to spend the weekend together. I had not seen her since she moved from San Diego, so I was thrilled to have some girl time with her. Friday night we enjoyed Palermo's pizza (the best in Chicago) and wine with my in-laws. They are a hoot, so we laughed hard all night.

Saturday morning we got on the train and headed downtown. We checked into our hotel and then enjoyed some shopping on Michigan Ave. It was neat because they were filming Transformers 3 and lots of props up around the city. I sooo love Chicago! We headed to Navy Pier for the beer garden and then for the evening we enjoyed dressing up for a nice dinner. After dinner, and being in the city, we decided we must paint the town a color of Beth and Tina :) We ended up at Howl at The Moon. A great dueling piano bar and had some cocktails and lots of dancing and laughing. What a blast.

Sunday morning we both headed to the port to head home. Saying goodbye was hard, but I look forward to Beth coming to Italy VERY SOON for a visit! She's a great gal and i'm blessed to have her in my life. Funny how sometimes life places you on a doorstep of someone that later becomes a very close and dear friend. We've shared some similiar life experiences and i'm happy that I went thru them first to be there for her.

PS...check out the top of the bridge in the pictures. The bridge on Michigan was lifted for the filming and there is a "car" hanging over the top! Totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment