Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Moving Day!




Most of you are probably saying "where was Glenn all month while Tina was hanging with friends"!? Well, he was in Hawaii! Yes, when I returned home from HI in June, he had to stay and finish up his last RIMPAC. So, with him gone, it allowed me to spend some true quality time with friends!

Glenn returned home on Monday the 19th, and on Tuesday...the packers arrived! I was a bit stressed due to me just returning from Chicago, and he from Hawaii...nothing had been done. But with a little "Rescue Remedy" in the system and magical minnie ears on my head...the stress melted away. Our packers were amazing and truly took their time handling our things. The next day the movers arrived to load the truck. This was the point for me where I lost it. Sure, there are strange people in my house, packing my things, but the moment I saw the moving truck, the tears started. All emotions came to head right then and there! The realization we were leaving a home we loved, but also that we are moving across the world to Italy! Not only that, but we also were on a time schedule! We had to get the movers a'movin because the house cleaners were coming in 2 hrs and our new tenants in 4 hrs!

Everything came together...doesn't it always? So, our stuff is in transit to Italy and hopefully we will see it in less than the 3 months they tell us it might take!

1 comment: